Studytracks ("we", "us", "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
- Studytracks mobile application software ("App") available for download on the iTunes and Google Play app-stores, once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile handset, tablet, and/or other relevant device.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App and our website, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you download and register to use the App, subscribe to any of our services, share data via the App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the App, our services, or our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, age, e-mail address and phone number, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use our App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of your device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by your device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, type of browser you use and time zone setting;
- information stored on your device, including, but not limited to, contact information, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, friends lists, score at the tests, tracks listened, and ranking compared to other users;
- details of your use of our App or your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you; to notify you about changes to the App and our service; and to ensure that content on the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information to administer the App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to analyse how you are using the App and to assess your progress; to improve the App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; to allow you to participate in interactive features of the App; as part of our efforts to keep the App safe and secure; and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the App about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the App.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Studytracks or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. You are responsible for keeping a password that you have chosen confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Certain services available via the App include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The App and our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or Studytracks service are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
You may obtain a copy of the personal information about you that you provide through the App or otherwise request that Studytracks updates, makes changes or deletes personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: October 2016